Teenager group game #2

I recently had to come up with some games for a Christian youth group I volunteer for.  One of the ideas that came to mind was SwipeShot by Fat Brain Toys:


Here's a quick overview of the game:


It's a lot of fun and I recommend you buy a set!  However, being short on time and cash, I needed to make a quick homemade alternative (which I call "Wreck It Ralph" since I can never remember the 'swipeshot' name):

Supplies:
  • colored plastic cups (like these) -- one color for each opponent
  • string
  • marker
  • small ball about the size of a racquetball (here's a fun alternative ball that you can find at many dollar stores)
  • 1.5" inch colored satin ribbon (like this) -- note: don't use ribbon with wire in it
Instructions:

1. Cut one ribbon strip 96" long for each two-player team


2. Mark the ribbon at the 48" halfway point with a marker


3. Seal the ends with clear nail polish or a few brief passes in a candle flame to prevent fraying:


4. Sew 12" loops at both ends (or, if you're lazy like me, use Velcro and then attach them to create a loop):


5. Tie a 36" string to the ball and halfway point of the ribbon (note: I didn't have good string lying around so I used gift wrapping ribbon):


6. You'll want to put six cups (three of each color) in a circle about 40" apart from each other.  Since I'm a bit of a perfectionist I created a cardboard template for quick setup (remove before game starts) but that's optional of course  :)


Have fun!

Comments

Popular Posts