Inexpensive online audio collection

I've been looking for an inexpensive online music service.  Unlike most people, my primary use case is digitizing my CD collection and uploading to the cloud for backup and streaming.  Of the most popular music streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music, Google Play Music, Tidal, Pandora Premium, Amazon Music Unlimited, Slacker, Deezer) only Google Play Music, Deezer Premium, and iCloud Music Library let you store your own music collection online (Spotify has local music but that's offline only).  All three of those finalists cost $9.99 per month which feels a bit pricey since I just want to listen to my own music.  However, I recently came across pCloud which fits all my requirements and only costs $3.99 per month.  Woot!

  • up to 10 GB storage space for free
  • you can upload entire folders and copy music from other popular online storage services, like Dropbox
  • the "Audio" section in the left-hand menu shows all your uploaded music, automatically tagged and sorted
  • supports playlists
  • mobile app
  • desktop app, including Linux
  • share features that don't require your friends to have an account
  • zip bulk download if you ever want to move off the service
P.S. pCloud also has a direct file link area called "Public" where you can hotlink files or host static websites

Comments

Popular Posts